Kangana Ranaut rejects an ad worth Rs 2 crore

Kangana Ranaut, Tanu weds Manu Returns, Queen, Kangana Ranaut in ad, Kangana ranaut fairness cream ad
Mumbai : The 'Queen' star Kangana Ranaut who has recently seen in 'Tanu weds Manu Returns' movie, reportedly turned down an offer that was paying her Rs 2 crores to become the face of a fairness product.

The actress said. “Ever since I was a kid, I have never understood the concept of fairness. Especially, in such a case, as a celebrity, what kind of an example would I be setting for younger people? I have no regrets about turning this offer down. As a public figure, I have responsibilities.”

“My sister (Rangoli Ranaut) is dusky, yet beautiful. If I go ahead and be part of this campaign, then, in a way, I would be insulting her. If I can’t do that to my sister, then how can I do it to the entire nation?” she added.

“It’s about my value system. If other stars are doing it, it’s highly irresponsible behaviour on their part. But if they feel it is correct, I can’t change their opinion. I strongly feel that people should be responsible for their actions.”

Notable, Chitrangada Singh, Ranbir Kapoor and Esha Gupta are some of the other actors who have also turned down similar offers in the past.


on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at: 9:27 PM

 

Get all updates by Like us on Facebook and Follow on Twitter

Powered by Blogger.