Vidya Balan says, "I am not interested in Television anymore"

Vidya Balan, Television, Hamari Adhuri Kahani, Hum Paanch, Television, Vidya Balan Hot
Mumbai : The Uh-la-la girl of Bollywood gorgeous actress Vidya Balan who started her acting stint on the small screen in 1995 with a popular comedy show 'Hum Paanch', where she played one of five ­sisters. 

The actress has emerged one of the most sought after names in Bollywood. However, that hasn't stopped channels from approaching her for television shows.

Vidya says she is no longer interested in the medium. "The ­makers of many TV shows have approached me, and I’ve been ­rejecting them. The content on TV is very unexciting at this point. The ­concepts of fiction shows are poor and repetitive. I am not interested in television anymore. Fiction shows should be more ­meaningful."

The 37-year-old says that she may consider TV only if the content matches the level of writing in ­international shows: “When the writing gets to a level of Mad Men or Six Feet Under, then I will be more than happy to do TV shows,” she says.

Vidya adds that if she really likes the concept, she wouldn’t mind doing a talk show. “There are two ideas I was approached for sometime back, but I’ve asked the makers to develop the concept first. If I like the final concept, then maybe I will go ahead,” says Vidya.

 

Get all updates by Like us on Facebook and Follow on Twitter

Powered by Blogger.